250 ml (1 cup) dried apples, cut into small pieces
180 ml (3/4 cup) powdered milk
80 ml (1/3 cup) Cataphard Orchards & Son inc. Apple syrup
80 ml (1/3 cup) honey
60 ml (1/4 cup) macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
60 ml (1/4 cup) pistachios, coarsely chopped
3-5 walnuts, coarsely chopped
1. In a bowl, mix together all ingredients.
2. Line a rectangular 7 ½” x 11” pan with parchment paper, making sure to leave enough on the sides to cover the mixture.
3. Spread the mixture in the pan. Cover with parchment paper. With a potato masher (or some other utensil), compress the granola bar mixture.
4. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
5. Remove paper and cut into bars.
A quick, simple and healthy snack to make.
A great recipe for little chefs (with your supervision, of course).
You’ll be so proud! Use your favourite cereals, add chocolate chips…there’s no limit to what you can do!