250 ml (1 cup) Cataphard Orchards & Son inc. Apple syrup
250 ml (1 cup) water
3 apples, peeled and cut in half
4 canned peach halves in syrup, pitted
3 frozen strawberries
60 ml (1/4 cup) Cataphard Orchards & Son inc. Apple syrup
2 egg whites
1. In a saucepan, bring apple syrup and water to a boil. Let boil for 5 minutes.
2. Add the apple halves. Cover with a piece of parchment paper cut large enough to cover the pan. Poach for 5 minutes. Remove from syrup. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Place peach halves with the apples on the same cookie sheet. Put sheet in freezer and leave for at least 2 hours.
4. In a food processor, add frozen fruit. Pulse a few times. Add the apple syrup. Pulse a few times. Add the egg whites. Pulse. Scrape the sides with a spatula a few times during mixing. When the texture is smooth and white, transfer to a container and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
5. Remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving (to let it soften a bit for a perfect texture).
• Absolutely delightful when served over a warm apple fried in butter and cinnamon…Yum!
• For fried apples, cut apples into halves. Melt butter in a non-stick pan. Sweat apples halves for 3-4 minutes. Deglaze with some Apple syrup and sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Remove from heat and let cool.
• Our original Apple syrup can be flavoured with cinnamon, ginger, lemongrass, mint, brandy…
• Keep your original Apple syrup for other occasions (to soak a cake, in a cream, to glaze meat, in vinaigrette, to flavour a cocktail). Nothing goes to waste!