30 ml (2 tbsp.) Cataphard Orchards & Son inc. Apple syrup
10 ml (2 tsp.) vanilla bean paste (or one vanilla bean, split in half length-wise)
250 ml (1 cup) apples, sliced
250 ml (1 cup) celery, diced
250 ml (1 cup) unbleached white flour
180 ml (3/4 cup) coconut flour
15 ml (1 tbsp.) baking powder
10 ml (2 tsp.) ground cinnamon
125 ml (2 tbsp.) Cataphard Orchards & Son inc. Apple syrup
160 ml (2/3 cup) coconut milk
80 ml (1/3 cup) butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
5 ml (1 tsp.) vanilla bean paste (or one vanilla bean, split in half length-wise)
1 pinch of salt
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
180 ml (3/4 cup) sweet coconu
Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
1. In a non-stick skillet, melt butter. Add apples and brown for 5 minutes. Add lemon juice, Apple syrup and vanilla. Mix well. Remove from heat. Set aside and let cool.
2. In a bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
3. In another bowl, mix together all wet ingredients. Add dry ingredient mixture. Mix delicately. Add banana, coconut and ¾ of cooked apples and stir lightly until just mixed.
4. In a greased muffin pan, add muffin batter and top with remaining cooked apples (until almost the top as the muffins do not rise very much).
5. Place in oven and bake for 22 to 25 minutes.
6. Remove from oven. Let muffins cool before removing from pan.
• An excellent breakfast choice
• These healthy muffins will keep you going right up until lunchtime.
Coconut flour is available in natural food stores. Delicious and flavourful – a must-try!